So, a lovely surprise for me, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Rita Harvey. Thank you so much, Rita! The Liebster award is a recognition given to small bloggers by other small bloggers (max 200 followers), and as such is an absolutely lovely idea.
The rule for the awards are:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. (http://ritaharvey.wordpress.com)
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingys.
So, here are my answers to Rita‘s questions;
1. Describe yourself in 3 words. Thoughtful, Lazy, Sensitive
2. Where would you want to be right now? Having a long lazy sunday morning lie in, in my boyfriend’s bed. You know, coffee and newspapers, not that much reading going on, dozing for a bit, waking up for a bit. I think the stuff that is unsaid probably screams louder than the stuff I’ve said here (!)…
3. Tell me about one of your “dreams”. I sleep very heavily and don’t often remember my dreams at night – only if I have nightmares, as a rule, and truthfully, I haven’t had one of those for some time now. My waking dream though, is one where I am finally qualified in my chosen profession, am living in a house that is actually big enough for us – I can have space, and peace, and a lovely garden to sit in on a sunny day like today. That I finally feel fully secure, both financially and emotionally, and can give my children things that they both need and (sometimes) want too.
4. What’s your favourite childhood story? Where The Wild Things Are – no question! Didn’t even have to think about it – it is one of my favourite books ever. I read it to my own children so often that they hid it from me in the end, they got so sick of it! (wrong way around, that one, isn’t it?)
5. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? First and foremost, University fund for the kids! I do worry about how I am going to fund this when it happens (which is in only a few years time) Payback of all the debts I have accumulated. My family have been more than supportive to me over the last few years whilst I have been in a state of, erm, flux. They deserve treating too! Then, a house for me and the kids; not too big (I hate cleaning) – maybe it would even be time to invite the boyfriend to take the next step and move in with us, if that were to happen?
6. Your favourite animal. Easy, a cat. A domestic house cat. I could very easily become a crazy cat lady. I love the combination of total disdain and total affection that cats give to humans. And they sleep a lot. (Mmmm… sleep…)
7. Your favourite food. Anything with artichoke on/in. Usually italian cuisine. A nice thin pizza works best for me, but salads are good too. I’m not huge on pasta though, or anything carb-like, generally.
8. Your best qualities are… I am fiercely loyal. I work hard when I care about something, and I am what most people would describe as a caring type of person.
9. Your worst qualities are… I can be reckless and impulsive, and get caught up and carried away in ideas, at the expense of everything else around me sometimes. I want to believe in dreams coming true, and so I work hard to make that happen. Too hard sometimes, as it can make me overlook reality.
10.How do you have fun? Being silly! I love being silly! Music gets me high; I sing A LOT (badly). I dance (badly too) I take great pleasure in embarrassing my kids whenever I can – they don’t seem to be phased by it any more, sadly. I love a good book or a good film. I love spending time with friends and family, being silly – that sounds like fun, yes.
11. How do you feel receiving this award? Extremely flattered! Especially being nominated by such an accomplished blogger and therapist. I’m touched that my little old journal is read and enjoyed by anyone else – let alone someone that I respect and admire so much. A real honour. Thanks once again, Rita.
Now, my 11 nominees:
And the 11 questions I would like to ask my nominees;
You find a magic lamp with a genie in, and are granted three wishes. What are they? (You are not allowed to wish for more wishes)
What did you want to be when you were a child?
Who has been the most influential person in your life, and why? What are your three favourite films ever?
What is the best smell in the whole world, to you?
What do you do to relax?
What is your happiest memory?
What is your most treasured possession?
Which websites do you look at most often? Describe your perfect evening to me. What would it involve you doing?
What makes you laugh?
- I Got the Liebster Award! (media-ann-such.com)
- The Liebster Award (aplaceforpoetry.wordpress.com)
- What’s a Liebster Blog Award? (lindathorlakson.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award – Official Acceptance (jewelammons.wordpress.com)
- Thanks are in order! (writewelldaily.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award Nomination – A Thank You (marta87wink.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (itsebunite.wordpress.com)
- Books Beauty’s Liebster Award Nominees! (booksbeautyandwhatnot.wordpress.com)
- I is for.. I GOT AN AWARD (wordsandpalabras.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award X 2!!!! (runningafterale.wordpress.com)